BEM is seeking an experienced Database Software Developer who will have responsibility as a team member for the development and support of BEM’s innovative and rapidly growing software product portfolio. The position is based at our headquarters in Chatham, NJ. This position requires creativity, disciplined execution; technical software development expertise; an understanding of database systems and Microsoft .NET software product development and support; an ability to evaluate and understand customer business process flows; and an ability to communicate ideas within a software team.
BEM Systems, Inc. is a recognized leader in Right Of Way and Property Management database systems, environmental management and consulting. We deliver innovative data management solutions to state and local transportation agencies and the federal government. Our multidisciplinary firm enjoys a distinguished reputation for client responsiveness and creative problem solving. BEM’s property acquisition management system, PAECETrak, is the dominant software solution for government agencies that acquire and manage real estate.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or MIS
- 4+ years of experience in the field of database and web application software development
- Strong verbal/presentation and written communication skills with the ability to write about, clearly articulate, and discuss technical issues with a development team and customers.
- Required experience in:
- Software development lifecycle and working within a software product development team
- SQL Server and/or Oracle database environments, MS SQL Server and relational database tools, SQL and Stored Procedures
- .Net web application and database deployment
- Web-based application design and development with an emphasis on the Microsoft .NET environment
- UX experience in designing, developing, and evolving user interfaces
- Desired additional qualifications and experience in:
- Web services and web site design
- Mobile app development
- Experience with public sector clients
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team System software
- ESRI GIS developer knowledge (ArcGIS Server)
- Creative team player, willing to participate in a dynamic team environment and get the job done
- Customer, deadline, and detail-oriented
- Interested and motivated to participate in a dynamic rapidly growing software and solutions business
- Self-motivated; career-oriented
Salary commensurate with experience.
BEM, an employee-owned company, offers a competitive benefits package including immediate participation in our matching 401(k) Savings Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). BEM provides excellent opportunities for future career growth and development as a member of our dynamic team.
Reply in confidence to:
BEM Systems, Inc.
100 Passaic Avenue
Chatham, NJ 07928
Equal Opportunity Employer